Rockstar Alchemist is your source for custom design services and 3D printing. If you're interested in discussing a contract design job with 3D printed prototyping, then please let me know through the Contact page, and I'll get back to you, as quickly as possible.
All the designs on this site are mine, unless otherwise noted. Please scroll down to see some of the project I've completed.
I'm currently operating three Lulzbot TAZ 6 printers, which are top of the line fused filament fabrication (FFF) based 3D Printers.
I'm capable of printing in the following materials and many others:
- PLA (polylactic acid): a biodegradable plastic derived from corn, producing very high quality prints
- ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene): a durable and strong plastic
- HIPS (high impact polystyrene): a durable and strong plastic
- Nylon (e.g. Alloy 910): one of the strongest rigid plastics capable of being 3D printed
- TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane): also known as Ninjaflex, a very flexible and chemically resistant material
- PETG (polyethylene terephthalate glycol-modified): similar to what water bottles are made from
- nGen (Amphora): a beautiful and hard material, though more brittle than other materials
The typical process is as follows:
1. Project Scoping
2. Initial CAD design and rendering for your approval.
3. Print first proto-type.
4. Jointly revise prototype.
5. Final print.
Costing is a function of the time required to design your product and the amount of printer time required for 2 prototypes.
Follow-up services are available at a discount to refine the design after all manufacturing considerations have been accounted for (injection molding, casting, metal fabricating, etc).
CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE TO DISCUSS MORE!
A commissioned trophy design for an Oakley event:
Quad-rotor drone design with TPU motor mounts:
GoPro Session Mount in Flexible TPU:
Custom Foot Arch Stretching Device:
Custom Drone Cases:
Custom miniature camera and video transmitter mounts: